Morning dawns at Peffley's Wilderness Camp

Thursday, April 25, 2013

One day at a time....

I guess that's how everyone with opening week bookings is taking it right now. For that matter so are we. Fortunately temperatures are trending upwards for the Perrault Falls area, but there is still a lot of work for mother nature to do as local reports still indicate over a foot of snow on the ground and LOTS of ice still on the lake. Still too early to hazard a guess as to the exact ice out date, but my gut tells me we are going to be pushing close to opening day (May 18).

We still have plenty to do here in our preparations for the move North, but I think I'm going to take advantage of some nicer weather here locally in the morning for some bluegill fishing. One good bluegill fry should get us through until we can get some walleye in camp! Sure wish I had time to find a few morels to fry up with some fish!

Stay tuned and we will try to get some more reports for everyone next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment